This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
We are recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to join our team.
This position is responsible for providing support to specialty pharmacy operations through effective planning, directing and coordination of purchasing, warehousing, product distribution and business forecasting. Manages warehouse and delivery staff, logistics systems and daily operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1 Analyzes all aspects of branch logistics to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of inventory warehousing and the transporting of products and supplies.
2 Directs inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation, warehouse activities, safety performance and logistics quality management.
3 Plans and implements material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
4 Maintains and monitors appropriate infusion ancillary supply inventory and is responsible for the procurement of supplies from approved vendors. May also be responsible for maintaining, monitoring and ordering drug through approved vendors.
5 Ensures compliance to Company product formularies.
6 Assists the Pharmacy Manager and/or General Manager in preparing for and conducting monthly and year-end physical inventories.
7 Oversees the management, distribution and return of all durable medical equipment, ensuring the proper tracking of all DME assets through established company policies and asset tracking systems.
8 Collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting and shipping.
9 Directs distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness objectives. Analyzes the financial and service impact of logistics decisions and act in real time.
10 Participates in courier management processes, such as selection, qualification and performance evaluation. Ensures courier compliance with Company policies and procedures for product transit and delivery. Negotiates rates for courier services.
11 Resolves problems concerning transportation, logistics systems or customer issues. Implements specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting and customized transportation metrics.
12 Maintains metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, and training safety records.
13 Hires, trains and supervises the work of all warehouse and equipment staff. Serves as resource and support all warehouse employees.
14 Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
15 Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
16 Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring that internal controls are established and functioning to achieve the mission and objectives of their unit. Each employee within an area under the manager or supervisor's direction must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function.
17 Managers and supervisors must acknowledge that utilization of internal controls is an inherent part of a manager's responsibility, not a new or additional function, and assure that internal controls are supportive of and consistent with the operating mandate and philosophy of the Company.
18 Perform other duties as assigned.
* Management responsibility for all warehouse staff; may direct subordinate supervisors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
* The employee may be required to push/pull 10lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 50lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a typical warehouse work environment.
* May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree with business or transportation focus, or equivalent experience in healthcare warehouse management, drug/supply procurement and logistics, Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred. Minimum of three (3) years proven supervisory or management experience and at least five (5) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified preferred. Familiarity with DME equipment and healthcare experience preferred. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule and have the ability to travel in assigned territory as needed. Must have valid driver's license and maintain a driving record which meets company's standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times. Experiential requirements may be waived in lieu of evidence of progressive growth in and attainment of the skills necessary to perform the required duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of durable medical equipment and drug/supply procurement and logistics.
* Excellent problem-solving, decision making and prioritization skills.
* Excellent planning and project management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
* Knowledge of issues and trends driving the healthcare industry.
* Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
* Basic computer knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to train employees.
* Supports and promotes departmental goals and initiatives.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with branch departments and department team members.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Plans and organizes work effectively.
* Prioritizes responsibilities and