Warehouse Material Handler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Warehouse Materials Handler to be located in our Tracy, CA facility. Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality building insulation, commercial roofing, roof insulation, and specialty products for commercial, industrial and residential applications.
The Tracy Plant serves as a warehouse for JM products for the Western Region. JM has a long history of sustainability efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity, and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.
This position assumes responsibility for:
- Ensure accurate order picking
- Ensure orders meet shipping/receiving deadlines
- Ensure high quality loading workmanship
- Maximize FIFO and reduce cost
- Maximize storage space for finish good materials and staging area.
- Meet safety guidelines
POSTION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve company objectives and both internal and external customer expectations
- Ensure Storage and Distribution met high housekeeping and GMP standards
- Safety awareness activates to ensure safe behavior practices
- Ensure department's continuous compliance with internal and external policies and procedures.
- Assist in cycle count to ensure inventory accuracy
- Ensure proper operation of equipment and house keeping standards are maintained
- Special project directed by warehouse manager and senior management
- Help with all receiving and shipping functions
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
- Minimum of 1yr experience in warehouse and distribution
- Understanding of labor laws, GMP requirements, OSHA and EPA regulations
- Good communication Skills (reading, writing, and comprehension of English).
- Understanding Spanish is helpful
- Solid Integrity
- Time management (proficient)
- Organizational skills (proficient)
- Basic computer skills (proficient)
- Use of Diplomacy when working and communicating with others
Ability to work in moderate building temperatures.
Ability to perform heavy lifting as required.
Ability to work with a high standard for meeting housekeeping expectations