Warehouse Operation Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/20/2017
Casa Grande, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager or Distribution Center Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments, orderly receiving and stacking of product.
* Picking, packing and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
* Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
* Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
* Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
* Apply a 5 S concept to the work place, train staff in 5 S principles and then maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area -
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and ensure that all security procedures are in place and followed
* Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety and in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards. Participate in developing, implementing and directing programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property. Ensure a culture of safety throughout the organization by following K+N safety policies and procedures - monitor DC safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion, including specific reporting and documentation that is required in order to continuously improve the operation
* Assure the integrity of the inventory through accurate process adherence and assist in conducting physical inventories
* Assist the Operations Manager and DCM in developing, implementing and maintaining a lean culture and continuous improvement.
* Work closely with the Operations Manager and DCM on productivity related topics as well as workforce planning
* Contribute significantly to maintaining a union free work environment by creating an employee-centered work place that demonstrates care and concern for all Associates.
* Organize/ hold / attend warehouse meetings on a daily basis
* Interact with Operations Manager and DCM to establish clear, ambitious, yet attainable goals and objectives in all business areas (operations, quality and service, QSHE, profitability, etc.)
* Work with the Operations Manager and DCM to implement and direct QHSE relevant aspects and make sure highest standards are maintained at all times
* Drive Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) implementation and adherence on the shop floor
* Participate in and partly drive development and execution of associate training and development
* Ensure compliance with housekeeping and process standards (boxes, palletization etc)
* Able to work a flexible schedule and ability to be on-call at various times. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* High value, high security warehousing and distribution environment.
HS Grad/GED Required
Some College Pref. but not Required
* Five years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Supervisory experience in a distribution center, preferably a Pharma environment.
* Prior WMS experience required.
* Manhattan Experience a +
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
* Ability to establish priorities, multi-task and be detail-oriented.
* Team Leadership: Ability to build and encourage a positive teamwork environment, develop team and individuals and manage achievements and recognition.
* Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all roles, tasks and responsibilities; models K+N anchor principles and values.
* Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
* Performance and Result Orientation: Drives performance in a way that takes into consideration multiple and sometimes competing priorities, keeping the goal in sight and reaching agreed results.
* Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which excellent service is provided to all Customers; sees business through the eyes of the Customer, reacts quickly and flexibly to ever evolving customer demands
* Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
* Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
* Plans Tactically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and medium-term