Warehouse Operations Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Under the direction of the Director Operations, the Operations/Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel and the implementation of warehouse action plans. The tracking and recording of equipment hours, assurance that equipment maintenance schedules are followed and employee meetings are conducted.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides direct supervision to warehouse personnel
* Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet service standards
* Assists in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness
* Develops and implements shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to assure effective and efficient operations
* Makes recommendations to the General Manager on programs to improve warehouse operations
* Directs the operations of the warehouse personnel to achieve prescribed objectives. Develops and maintains a productive staff by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development
* Matches the skill and background of personnel to work required
* Implement an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases and termination
* Develops and implements daily plan for allocating equipment to jobs
* Ensures that equipment is utilized in the most efficient manner
* Coordinate the maintenance of equipment with Maintenance Manager
* Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with customers and ensure that all personnel do the same
* Supervises all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion
* At least 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
* Computer applications using MS office
* Computer applications experience using T-Logic or warehouse operating system desired
* Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
* Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
* Excellent supervisory skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent analytical and mathematical
* Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
* Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer
As an EOE/AA employer, NFI will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or veteran or disability status.