This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Receive incoming products from production facilities and customer returns, accurately logging items into Warehouse Management System and putting received items in the proper location; Accurately shipping goods to customers according to both customer specification and Company standards in a timely manner; Inspect all incoming and outgoing loads to ensure quality standards are maintained.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Scan pallets and cases during put-a-way or selection.
* Clean work area as needed.
* Report any inventory issues to the supervisor or inventory control.
* Report inefficiencies of equipment to supervisor.
* Other tasks as assigned by management.
* Complete refills for selection process.
* Put away all inbound pallets.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the distribution center.
* Correct pallets that have fallen or have damaged product on them.
* Maintain an acceptable level of production.
* Select full pallet and case pick to complete outbound loads.
* Use Warehouse Management System to track all put-a-ways and selections, and load pallets into the warehouse management system.
* Ability to correct serialization problems with pallets.
* Ensure pallets are wrapped before putting them in the reserve.
* Identify and address equipment problems.
* Stack and load customer orders.
* Wrap pallets and ensure that all pallets meet company requirements.
* Load trailers in proper load sequence by stop.
* Visual inspection of product and pallets before loading.
* All other duties as assigned by management to continue operation.
* Must be able operate pallet jack, stand up dock stocker, high-lift and meet certification requirements.
* Must be able operate handheld scan gun or truck mount scanner.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
* Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and work in cold temperatures.
* Attention to detail, good math and written skills.