Warehouse Packer Night Shift - Springfield, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We're seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people's lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Our talented warehouse team members are known for their high standards of productivity, attention to detail, and valuable team partnerships to achieve the best results. To achieve this, we are searching for someone to fill the role of A Batch Set-Up. A Packer or a Case Runner Batch Set-Up ensures that looped product is delivered to pack lanes accurately and efficiently.
* High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate preferred.
* No previous experience required.
Essential Functions (Duties):
* Obtains required product and delivers product to pack lanes. Verifies that the correct product is being delivered to the correct door.
* Retrieves totes and damage labels and places them in designated areas.
* Cleans smaller spills promptly and notifies maintenance of larger spills.
* Verifies that all products coming to the loop are scanned into the system.
* Completes housekeeping activities on a daily basis.
* Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must have ability to read, write and communicate in English.
* Must be able to work independently or within a team environment.
* Must adhere to all safety regulations and procedures.
* Must submit to and pass a RIAH drug screen (hair drug test).
* Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
* Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
* Must be able to operate a forklift, pallet jack and RF hand held computer.
* Must have basic knowledge of all RF screens applicable to the job.
* Normal warehouse environment. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time.
* The employee must occasionally bend and lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Working Hours and Distribution Center:
* Springfield Distribution Center : 4980 Gateway Blvd. Springfield, OH 45502.
* 2nd shift, Sunday Thursday, from 7:30PM until finish.
Note: Please make sure that you have a valid e-mail, and that you check your e-mail for updates on the status of your application.
Packing the truck for delivery is a job that takes expertise in organization, weight distribution, and temperature controls. Here's a close up view into the daily life of a packer
within our Automated distribution center : Click Here to Watch the Video
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.