Warehouse Packer 2nd Shift - Kenosha, WI
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
* $15.34/hour plus incentives!
Working Hours and Distribution Center Location:
* Kenosha Distribution Center: 10901 38th Street, Kenosha, WI 53144
* 2nd shift: Sunday - Thursday, some Fridays and Saturdays. 6:50 pm start until work is completed
A Packer or a Case Runner Batch Set-Up ensures that looped product is delivered to pack lanes accurately and efficiently.
* High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate preferred.
* No previous experience required.
Essential Functions (Duties):
* Obtains required product and delivers product to pack lanes. Verifies that the correct product is being delivered to the correct door.
* Retrieves totes and damage labels and places them in designated areas.
* Cleans smaller spills promptly and notifies maintenance of larger spills.
* Verifies that all products coming to the loop are scanned into the system.
* Completes housekeeping activities on a daily basis.
* Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Must be able to work HOLIDAYS
Essential Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must have ability to read, write and communicate in English.
* Must be able to work independently or within a team environment.
* Must adhere to all safety regulations and procedures.
* Must submit to and pass a RIAH drug screen (hair drug test).
* Ability to continuously stand for 8-10 hours a day, walking at a quick pace from 7 - 12 miles per day
* Ability to work in extreme temperatures (100 degrees to minus 10 degrees)
* Physically able to stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time
* Able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and must be able to select up to 80,000 pounds a shift
* Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
* Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
* Must be able to operate a forklift, pallet jack and RF hand held computer.
* Must have basic knowledge of all RF screens applicable to the job.
* Normal warehouse environment. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time.
* The employee must occasionally bend and lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
What we offer our employees here at GFS:
* A philosophy of "what matters to you, matters to us" at work in our environment
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
* Short/Long-Term Disability
* Time-off Benefits
* Generous 401k matching program
* Flexible spending
Note: Please make sure that you have a valid e-mail, and that you check your e-mail for updates on the status of your application.
Packing the truck for delivery is a job that takes expertise in organization, weight distribution, and temperature controls. Here's a close up view into the daily life of a packer
within our Automated distribution center : Click Here to Watch the Video
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.