Warehouse Selector 2nd shift-Imperial, PA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONExperience a world where hard work and great pay create a place where you can learn by doing, meet new challenges, work alongside some of the greatest team members around, and have a little fun along the way.
We expect great things from you - and you should expect a great experience with us.
Selectors have a very physically demanding job here - we call it the "get paid to work out" program. You'll be picking product (up to 100 pounds per case) throughout the shift and getting it ready for delivery to our customers.
Scheduled Days: Sunday- Thursday (From time to time, we might need you on a Friday -(flexibility is important)
Standard hours are 4:15pm-Finish
(Average 8-12 hour days)
*flexibility needed at times based on customer demands.
Starting Pay: $15.34 (shift premium included)
After 90 Days: Raise based on performance and attendance.
Potential Incentives: Calculated weekly paid out monthly based on accuracy and speed
Like any job, there are some requirements:
* You must be 18 years of age or older (Required)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent (Preferred)
* Must be able to work Holidays as required
* We have frozen products - your ability to work in extreme Cold or Hot conditions is required while you're here
* Remember we said, "Hard work" - you will be required to lift 25-80 pounds per case as part of this job
* Successfully Pass our Drug screen and Background check requirements (criminal background check, yes - we do not check your credit score)
* Valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening next in the process
* Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English (to read labels, pick lists, scanners, signage, company website information related to benefits, updates, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions
* Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the startup, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations
Our automated distribution centers hire some of the best athletes in the business. Here's a first-hand look at what it's like to be a selector inside of our
Automated distribution center: Click Here to Watch the Video
Be part of an amazing culture where your potential is personal to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.