Warehouse Selector 1st Shift - Springfield, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We're seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people's lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
A Selector accurately and efficiently selects Gordon Food Service (GFS) products for customer orders. Following designated pick lists, selects items from correct warehouse location (selection slots), properly labels, and places on pallet, conveyor belt, or in designated area for shipping, depending on type of warehouse (manual facility or mechanized facility).
Selector s Essential Functions:
* Reads batches of printed case labels to select customer orders in an efficient and accurate manner.
* Retrieves product from designated selection slot.
* Uses radio frequency scanner to scan products for catch weights or inventory identification.
* Affixes label to the case in the appropriate manner and location.
* Places product on conveyer belt or designated area (Mechanized facilities).
* Using a pallet jack, places product on pallets (Manual facilities).
* Maintains proper batch sequence
* Delivers product to the assigned shipping lane in a timely manner (in Manual facilities)
* Removes empty pallets from the selection slots and places them in the designated pallet storage area.
* Physically able to stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time.
* Medium Work: Ability to lift not more than 50 lbs. at a time, with frequent lifting / carrying of 25 lbs. more than 2/3 of the time.
* Heavy Work: Ability to lift not more than 100 lbs. at a time, with frequent lifting / carrying of up to 50 pounds less than 1/3 of the time.
* Completes housekeeping activities on a daily basis.
* Ability to work in extreme cold or hot conditions (non-weather) more than 2/3 of the time.
* Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment requiring constant walking, ascending/descending stairs or pallet jack platform, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying.
* Must be able to read, write and communicate in English (to read labels, pick lists, scanners, signage, company website information related to benefits, updates, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions).
* Must be able to work independently or within a team environment.
* Must adhere to all safety regulations and procedures.
* Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the startup, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Equipment / Tools / Technology:
* Must be able to understand the basic functions of a Radio Frequency handheld computer.
* Pallet jack, hand trucks
* Shrink wrap/stretch wrap equipment
* Box cutter
* Personal computer
* Internet, email, and other applications
Educational & Experience Requirements:
* You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
* No prior experience is required; however, prior warehouse experience is preferred.
Other Requirements of the Position:
* Must submit to and pass a RIAH drug screen
* Must submit to a background check
* Work is performed during off shifts, nights or weekends
* Must be able to work HOLIDAYS
Springfield Distribution Center:
* Work Schedule: Sunday through Thursday, from 7:15 am until work is completed
What we offer our employees here at GFS:
* A philosophy of what matters to you, matters to us at work in our environment
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
* Short/Long-Term Disability
* Time-off Benefits
* Generous 401k matching program
* Flexible spending
* Profit Sharing
Our automated distribution centers hire some of the best athletes in the business. Here's a first-hand look at what it's like to be a selector inside of our
Automated distribution center: Click Here to Watch the Video
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.