Warehouse Shift Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 08754-11959
JOB TITLE Warehouse Shift Supervisor
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES The Warehouse Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising personnel, assigning workflow, and overseeing the processing of received and shipped product. The warehouse shift supervisor also assists in all warehouse functions including receiving, put-away, credit processing and order picking. Inventory accuracy is the job of all warehouse associates.
SUPERVISOR Warehouse & Logistics Manager
SUPERVISES Material Handlers
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Oversee all warehouse functions and staff while working in the various functions.
* Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position.
* Receive products, process credits, replenish stock, and pick orders as needed in order to ensure the operation is meeting its customer s requirements.
* Provide warehouse training to all new employees.
* Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed by the warehouse staff.
* Assist in inventory management.
* Ensure warehouse storage areas are clean and organized.
* Ensure all shipments are labeled correctly.
* Maintain files of all appropriate documentation (delivery tickets, pick lists, maintenance logs etc).
* Assist Purchasing and Accounts Payable staff in researching receiving discrepancies.
* Conduct routine cycle counts as specified.
* Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, and other team members.
* Ensure all periodic maintenance is performed timely on all material handling equipment.
* Perform physical inventory counts during semi-annual inventory.
* Meet all department mandated timeframes and deadlines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and
Mission and Value Statement .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Organization proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources.
* Communication communicates clearly and concisely.
* Customer orientation establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Interpersonal skills able to work effectively with employees and external parties.
* Policies & Procedures articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
* PC skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
* Basic skills able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
* Technical skills able to operate a fork lift vehicle and a motorized pallet jack.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* One year previous Material Handler experience
* Previous warehouse supervision experience is preferred
* Valid State Driver s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Requires ability to climb, stoop, kneel, and reach. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Requires ability to hear, see, and communicate through written and verbal means. Must be able to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work is performed inside a warehouse environment that has good ventilation and comfortable temperatures.
Last Edited: 09/13/2016