Warehouse - Shipping/Loader
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
* Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
* Strength Training Systems
* Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
* Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
* Rewards and recognition for superior performance
* Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
* Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people s lives
* Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
* Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
ABOUT THE ROLE: Shipping loaders are responsible for loading trucks, accurately identifying product/product codes and selecting product for shipping. Loaders will prepare and pack orders for shipments using packing materials and verify receipts against purchase orders for proper shipment, shortages, damages and defects.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Shipping and Loading: Primary tasks include staging of product prior to loading and loading truck with finished fitness equipment. Process includes preparation of machines by wrapping, strapping, and other various protective means prior to loading truck. Equipment may need to be secured in the truck, using power tools, to assure it isn t damaged during transporting.
Quality: Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing the tasks of the position to meet or exceed department needs and to further overall company goals and objectives.
Safety: Responsible for understanding Precor's Safety Policy and for practicing safe work habits on the job.
Area Maintence: Keeps area neat and in order using 5s principals.
* Contributing team member.
* Demonstrated positive performance and attendance record.
* Capable of learning and performing all department jobs.
* Must be able to stand up to 8 hours per day.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
To be successful in the role you will have:
* High School diploma or GED. Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job will be considered.
* Minimum one year shipping experience, preferably in furniture, appliance or large/odd size materials.
* Additional manufacturing experience preferred.
* Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience a plus.
* Ability to read and understand written instructions, shipping orders, department paperwork, safety warning labels and placards: Verbally communicate with manager, leads and co-workers regarding department procedures and safety related information.
* Experience using a variety of computer programs/systems (Word, Excel, Email, Internet, etc.).
* Basic math, reading, and communication skills.
* Ability to operate various types of hand and power tools in the loading process (i.e., screw drivers, wrenches, sockets, hand drills, etc.).
* Must be able to be certified to drive forklift.
* Must have clear, readable handwriting.
* Must be able to keep up with fast-paced, time-sensitive operations.
* Strong communications skills and an inquisitive nature are encouraged.
* Must be able to comply with Precor Attendance Policy.
Demonstrated knowledge of: Shipping and Warehouse processes and tools
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
Precor is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.