Warehouse Specialist 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Warehouse Specialist candidates to support the US Navy Recruiting Command at Millington, Tennessee.
* Responsible for Material Handler Services; most tasks are of a supply function and administration including:
* material identification
* material procurement
* material receipt, stowage, and inspection
* material expenditure and shipment
* material preservation and packaging; material tracking and expediting
* inventory control and management
* special programs support
* security of material, equipment and spaces.
* Regular use of forklifts, pallet jacks and government owned vehicles.
* Perform physical activities requiring considerable use of their arms and legs and moving their whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and standing while handling of material in the execution of warehouse duties.
* Carry packages
* Clean rooms or work areas
* Move material using forklifts, pallet jack and hand truck
* Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products
* Maintain material handling equipment
* Enforce safety rules and regulations.
* Communicate with customers, supervisors, or other personnel to resolve problems such as damages, shortages, or non-conformance to specifications.
* Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, labeling, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
* Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
* Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
* Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or record keeping purposes.
* Deliver or route materials to customers, using work devices, such as hand truck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
* Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
* Request, store bulk shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
* Communicate with carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
* Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using manual, computer or price list.
* The contractor shall maintain a random drug screening program for contract personnel performing safety sensitive duties, including those who operate or may operate heavy equipment, in the performance of their job duties.
* General knowledge of the methods used in receiving, processing and storing of materials and distribution using a wide variety of boxes, bulk supplies and equipment.
* Able to log incoming and outgoing shipments, assemble material for issue, use manual or mechanized equipment to move, stack, box, and position materials and equipment through a warehouse facility.
* Able to organize, arrange, and inventory material in storage areas in accordance with established procedures to prevent damage, deterioration, and loss.
* Possess a forklift operator s license and motor vehicle license when they start, and maintain the license while employed on this contract.
* Must be able to use Navy computers and commercial carrier s computers to update information in inventory database, process customer s requests, generate shipping labels, shipping reports, etc.
* Must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
* US Citizen
* Clearance: NACI (National Agency Check with Inquiries)
* At least, one (1) year related experience.