Warehouse Specialist (Temporary)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLinden Resources is dedicated to expanding employment opportunities for people with disabilities while exceeding the expectations of our customers. We believe all people with disabilities should have meaningful opportunities for employment and we make it happen! All of our activities grow out of one guiding premise: the individual, local businesses and the community as a whole benefit when a qualified individual with a disability obtains meaningful employment.
Linden Resources is seeking a full-time Warehouse Specialist driven to exceed expectations while providing our customers with first class service. Position will begin on December 1st.
Documented disability meeting AbilityOne qualifications required.
As directed by the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of inventory and storage procedures. Conduct product inventory and record products received. Performs related customer service.
Core Responsibilities Include:
* The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for material handling, inventory, receiving, storing and routing activities and for ensuring all activities are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Verifying materials against receiving documents. Rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and/or damage.
* Removing material from storage and preparing it for scanning. Ensure that the warehouse is organized and kept neat and orderly.
* Prepare reports as required and report discrepancies.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
Core Requirements Include:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent. Ability to communicate in English (verbally and in writing).
* Attention to detail accuracy and follow through is essential.
* Candidates must be able to adhere to policies, procedures, and quality controls in relation to job specific instruction.
* Effective use of interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
* Candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
* Candidate must be able to focus on repetitive tasks for long period of time and demonstrate a consistent sense of urgency.
* Safely operate equipment such as pallet jack and hand truck. This worker may operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
* Candidate must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. The physical demands of this position are variable. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand 6-8 hours daily and move throughout the building and communicate with other employees at the site.
* Perform additional duties as assigned
Please submit resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to Linden Resources HR department at email@example.com. Please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need reasonable accommodation in the application process.
Linden Resources is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All hiring decisions are based on non-discriminatory factors without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled/newly separated/ other protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Linden Resources engages in affirmative actio