This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Responsible for Supervising the shipping/receiving functions of all outgoing/incoming products from the warehouse. Leads and controls activities of company warehouse personnel. Front line supervision is an extremely important function for the company, positive interaction with the employees is critical as this ensures getting work out on time, efficiently, and accurately. Ensures shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution are performed in an efficient manner. Takes precautions to protect warehouse contents against loss. Retains and reviews warehouse documents and reports. Conducts Warehouse operations in accordance with established procedures and policies and keeps management informed of Warehouse activities. Completes miscellaneous support functions and supports area personnel as required.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Provides direction and proper motivation to leads and line employees to ensure the daily workload is completed in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Maintains a positive presence on the floor throughout the shift.
* Supervises all warehouse functions.
* Completes appropriate paperwork and reports as required.
* Provides new hire and follow- up training for all employees.
* Performs job evaluations and communicates results to employees.
* Evaluates work performance of personnel regarding promotions, absenteeism, commendations and disciplinary action.
* Communicates with other members of management and departments to ensure that goals are accomplished.
* Maintains a safe, clean work environment. Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and regulations regarding fire and other potential emergencies.
* Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
* Other duties as assigned
* Warehouse receiving and delivery processes are efficient and effective. Problems are tracked and promptly resolved.
* Inventory levels are appropriate, controlled, and accurately recorded.
* Documents, computer records, and files are current and accurate.
* Safety regulations and procedures are followed.
* Professional business relations exist with suppliers, vendors, outside contacts and internal departments.
* Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
* Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
* Basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory procedures and policies.
* Understanding of required computer applications.
* Familiarity with courier and mailing functions.
* Three or more years of progressive related experience.
* System implementation experience is preferred.
* Excellent leadership abilities.
* Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.
* Attentive to detail.
* Good communication and public relations skills.
* Able to operate PC and use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.