Warehouse Supervisor 8/18/2016
Dole Food Company
Bessemer City, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Supervise forklift drivers, pick line employees, and scanner operators in order to ensure a safe and efficient warehouse operation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Work with the transportation department and customer service department to assure superior service and delivery of goods.
* Ensure a safe working environment and strictly enforce all safety rules.
* Execute inventory control procedures including first in, first out rotation.
* Coordinate appropriate training and safety education for warehouse personnel.
* Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to positionnon-exempt employees per shift.
* Support special projects and other duties as assigned
* Knowledge of material receiving procedures, inventory control procedures.
* Knowledge of SPC, MRP, TQM and APICS. Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel or other spreadsheet software.
* Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
* Flexibility to work varied hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* B.S. degree in Operations management or equivalent work experience.
* 3-5 years of Warehouse management and/or Logistics
Bessemer City, North Carolina, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.