This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position will maintain maximum productivity of the department and its resources, controlling integrity of inventory, efficient receiving of stock and shipment of customer orders.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
50% Warehouse Operations
* Monitor and ensure all warehouse activities such as goods in and out; storing and shipping are done on a timely basis with minimal errors.
* Ensure all assembled goods are packed and labeled correctly and loading lists are prepared accurately and all paperwork is prepared.
30% Safety and Labor Management
* Monitor and review working practices to maximize performance and productivity and ensure that all procedures and working practices adhere to company standards.
* Management of workforce, identifying training needs through regular performance appraisals.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant safety legislation and approved codes of practice.
* Compile and maintain all necessary records, reports and logs.
* HSD or GED required
* College Degree preferred
* At least 3-5 years experience in Warehouse Industry
* Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred
* Good Oral and written communication skills
* Good understanding of USDA, OSHA, EPA Regulations
* Proficient in cost reduction methods
* Good Organization Skills
* Communication, Flexibility, Leadership, Attention to Detail, Organization
* Strategic Planning & Scheduling
* Problem solving/Decision making
* Conflict Management
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
* Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.