Warehouse Supervisor 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
* Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
* Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
* Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay program.
* Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
* Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee development tracking.
* Plans daily production goals.
* Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
* Reviews quality measurements and reports status to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
* Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
* Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
* Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
* Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources department.
* Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss employees in applicable situations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Understanding of inventory accounting.
* Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the distribution center.
* Strong attention to detail
* Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
* Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
* Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION:
* Automated distribution center experience preferred.
* Two or more years of supervisory experience.
* Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
* Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
* Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
* Exposure to dust, lighting and noise.
* Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.