This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Warehouse Supervisor is an integral part of the Leadership Team and is responsible for leading, coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Supervisors are expected to develop, motivate and evaluate associates to ensure effective and efficient operation of the job process, communicate with all levels of staff within the operation, facilitate effective relationships between all departments and focus on continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the supervision of receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
* Supervise and coordinate inbound and outbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipment in accordance with the required levels of productivity.
* Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted.
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
* Participate in establishing work schedules. Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
* Perform housekeeping and safety audits to ensure aisle and building maintenance are performed by warehouse associates.
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
* Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety and in accordance with OSHA and MSDS standards.
* Direct the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
* Collaborate with the Operations Manager to develop and maintain a productive work team by reducing overtime and temporary labor while maintaining a work force that is conscious of both housekeeping and safety.
* Create and manage programs to keep tools and equipment in designated areas; schedule cleaning of equipment; store product in neat straight rows inside painted perimeters.
* Help ensure current and accurate inventory control through the managing of shipping and receiving guidelines
* Must be willing to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by business demands and management.
* Other duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned by Management.
Manage assigned team to ensure work instructions and proper equipment operations are followed. Ensure compliance of policies and procedures. Develop, motivate and evaluate associates to ensure effective and efficient operation of the job process.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. 1-3 years of work experience and/or combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
High PC proficiency Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Effective communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
* Demonstrated skills in associate supervision and interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others.
* Solid organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple priorities.
* Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision and pay strong attention to detail, accuracy, and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
* Knowledge of Logistical Supply Chain methods and procedures
College degree preferred.
Large scale warehouse experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The associate also occasionally lifts and/or moves objects up to 70 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The duties of this job are performed in a working distribution center that is not temperature controlled.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.