Warehouse Supervisor - Replenishment (Second Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
We are looking for a strong Warehouse Supervisor to join our fast growing team! General responsibilities include supervision of the order selection processes including safety, on time shipping of orders, accurate orders, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times. This role will be on the 2nd shift with a typical start time of 3:00 pm. This role may also be required to work Saturdays which will be compensated.
* Manages and leads the order selection team, including performance reviews, staff training & development, hiring, terminations, and counseling.
* Ensure that all order selection team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance. Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
* Manages submission of daily productivity information for Dashboard
* Achieves on time shipment of orders
* Ensures the shipping of accurate orders
* Responsible for achieving continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change.
* Monitors daily housekeeping of the facility
* Coordinates with leadership staff the movement of employees through-out the warehouse to achieve service and cost objectives
* Provide leadership of team members under your supervision to ensure that they are advancing their understanding of their respective areas becoming prepared to step into other/higher leadership roles.
* Participate/Conduct communication meetings on a regular and routine basis with your team members and other members of the management team to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
* Review technical problems and procedures of your department and recommend solutions or changes in procedures.
* Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
* Bachelor s degree desired, High school diploma required.
* General knowledge of warehouse procedures and regulations required; Minimum of two years supervisory experience preferably in a warehouse setting
* Requires the ability to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
* Forklift certification and RF scanning experience desired.
* Must have excellent written, oral and computer communications skills to effectively communicate in person, through letters/emails/reports, and/or over the phone.
* Ability to learn every job s function in the warehouse and perform it satisfactorily
* Self-directed and motivated with excellent organizational & time management skills
* Ability to accept and provide suggestions & constructive feedback
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.