Warehouse Supervisor - Roselle, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have a Passion for Life.
We enable hospitals to perform surgeries, we assist healthcare professionals in treating acute health conditions and we ensure safe care for patients during recovery. Our innovative, products and services contribute to saving lives across the world every day.
A career at Getinge Group offers a dynamic, international environment with a market leading company where you can learn, grow and thrive whilst passionately contributing to sustainable healthcare.
Working for Getinge is much more than a job we offer a career that matters!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Warehouse Supervisor position will be responsible for overseeing shipping, receiving and material handling functions of the warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor will assist the Warehouse Manager in directing the Warehouse team members' activities and operations in order to achieve the departmental productivity, quality, service and financial goals. All warehouse employees including Warehouse Supervisor report to the Warehouse Manager
* Coordinates and monitors the activities of warehouse associates receiving, storing and shipping product to ensure efficient and timely operations.
* Tasking and delegating duties to warehouse employees
* Responsible for closing and/or opening facility on a daily basis.
* Implements improvement initiatives and ensures KPI's are met.
* Supervises the receiving and inspection of inbound materials
* Ensures proper and safe and compliant storage of materials
* Completion of warehouse investigative work coordination tasks as assigned by the warehouse manager, to meet requirements and responsibilities.
* Manages inventory through cycle counts and audits to verify results; investigate and correct deficiencies.
* Ensures safe working behaviors through education, training and continuous improvement. Corrects safety deficiencies. Serves as a member on the Safety Steering Committee.
* Ensures adherence to warehouse Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work rules; provides feedback to team members' on work activities to ensure compliance to department and company procedure.
* Responsible for compliance with OSHA regulations and standards.
* Responsible for proper maintenance of all warehouse equipment, including scheduling preventative and routine maintenance.
* Responsible for performing managerial functions such as training, employee development, performance evaluations, and enforcing company policies and procedures.
* Assists warehouse associates to meet daily goals and objectives.
* Provides the Warehouse Manager input on employee performance and assists with HR matters as needed.
* Assists the Warehouse Manager in the preparation of various reports as may be necessary to support the business.
* Serves as back-up for the Warehouse Manager in their absence.
* Must be available to support periodic after-hours "on call" requirements.
* Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends when necessary to meet business needs (Month end, special projects, etc.).
* Enforces 5S housekeeping and inventory control practices.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient with PCs, be able to organize work, meet deadlines and organize and delegate work assignments.
* Minimum 3 - 5 years' supervisory experience supervising more than 5+ people is required.
* Working Knowledge of SAP (MM, IC or WM)
* General warehouse experience is preferable (shipping, receiving and inventory department). Previous supervision in a Warehouse environment is required.
* Experience with computerized inventory and data management equipment is desired
* Experience supervising in an environment that supports pick & pack, shipping & receiving, loading & unloading operations is desired.
* Training in OSHA requirements, FDA and good manufacturing practices, ISO a preferred.
* Participation in a formal safety program required
* Bachelor degree (preferred).
* Verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
* Must have demonstrated ability to work in a team and achieve results by working with others.
* Must be a self-starter, an independent thinker and a rapid decision maker.
* Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Must possess problem solving abilities be able to initiate change within a team.
* Demonstrated experience in a lead/supervisory position functioning as a role model/leader adhering to the company values while ensuring members of the team are performing in a similar manner.
* Technical skills including: Solid skill set with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database concepts. Database reporting skills desired.
* Safety Shoes
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to perform data entry.
* Ability to generate reports and analyze data.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* While performing the functions of this position, the individual must be able to frequently stand, walk, or drive.
* The individual must have use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you share our Passion for Life and innovative healthcare solutions that improve the everyday life for people all over the world, then please apply if this position is of interest to you.
We look forward to your application and hope you will join us on our journey to become the world s most desired medtech company.