Warehouse Supervisor (Temporary)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLinden Resources is dedicated to expanding employment opportunities for people with disabilities while exceeding the expectations of our customers. We believe all people with disabilities should have meaningful opportunities for employment - and we make it happen! All of our activities grow out of one guiding premise: the individual, local businesses and the community as a whole benefit when a qualified individual with a disability obtains meaningful employment.
Linden Resources is seeking a full-time Warehouse Supervisor driven to exceed expectations while providing our customers with first class service. Position will begin on December 1st.
Documented disability meeting AbilityOne qualifications required.
As directed by the Program Manager/Assistant Program Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for maintaining stored materials and supervision of Warehouse Specialists. Performs related customer service.
Core Responsibilities Include:
* Reads production schedule, work order, shipping order, and requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered and/or distributed.
* Conveys materials and items from receiving/production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
* Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to workers.
* Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or loading area.
* Marks materials with identifying information. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed. Uses computer to enter records.
* Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
* Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
* Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance. Secures warehouse by turning alarms on and locking doors.
* Planning and scheduling work, promoting teamwork, maintaining discipline and high morale. Organize, plan and control the workload to ensure maximum production with minimum effort and confusion, ensure all work is completed correctly.
* Ensure that the warehouse is organized and kept neat and orderly.
* Box, dispose, pack and label paper records; physical relocation of boxed files;
* Index and pack paper files; create new paper files, manifests and other inventory documents.
* Perform Quality Checks, as defined by the Program Manager.
* perform additional duties as assigned
Core Requirements Include:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent. Three years related experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to communicate in English (verbally and in writing).
* Time management skills and attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through is required.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials. Effective use of interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Adherence to policies, procedures, and quality controls in relation to electronic imaging.
* Candidate must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. The physical demands of this position are variable. While performing the duties of this position, t