This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Here at H.B. Fuller we have 2 opportunities for Logistics Supervisor. (Tucker and Covington-GA) These positions reports to the Facility Manager, and is responsible for managing all warehouse activities and warehouse personnel.. The size of the operation makes a hands-on approach critical to success.
* Ensure OSHA and DOT requirements are met in the warehouse areas and collaborate actively to promote safe practices and efforts throughout the facility.
* Adhere to all environmental requirements, and ensure appropriate storage practices are being followed.
* Supervise and provide leadership to direct report(s). Be an advocate for growth and flexibility.
* Manage activities associated with receiving, storing and dispatching goods, tracking shipments and returns and liaising with customers and suppliers as necessary.
* Maintain Forklift Program (inspections and training)
* Maintain and improve warehousing KPI s (inventory accuracy, days on hand, SIFOT, cycle counts, etc.) to ensure the effective running of the operation.
* Continually challenge and improve warehouse processes. Investigate, justify and introduce enhancements.
* Work closely with other functions (inventory planning, production, finance) to effectively support regional sales and operational goals.
* Manage special projects in other areas of the plant to deliver improvements and gain knowledge and understanding of the operations in those areas.
* Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a safe working environment and proper product storage conditions.
* Ensure SAP best practices are implemented and consistently followed.
* Assist with on-going training for warehouse employees
* Proven previous contribution to inventory control practices
* Good SAP Warehouse Management knowledge
* Detailed knowledge of MS Office with strong focus on Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to provide the leadership necessary to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently and effectively
* Costs / results focused
* Strong strategic skills and problem solving/analytical skills
* Strong organization, planning and prioritizing skills with attention to detail
* Adaptable to change, ability to create a team environment and interact with a variety of people while remaining customer focused
* Strong written and oral communication skills; be able to communicate effectively at all levels and with all functions
* Ability to continuously improve the efficiency of processes in a collaborative manner Make sound decisions based on a thorough analysis of available data/information, and follows up on critical issues
* Initiate action to achieve goals beyond what is required, is innovative and conscious of both cost and safety in approach to process improvement
* Bachelor s degree and/or qualifications in engineering, logistics or planning is preferred
* Minimum 3 + years leadership experience in a warehousing environment with in a manufacturing environment.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Able to clearly convey information and ideas to individuals or groups
* Leadership ability to influence across functions
* APICS certification would be a plus
* SAP is a plus
* PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT
* Position may perform typical warehouse duties whenever necessary (manual handling of goods, forklift operations, SAP transactions, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.