Warehouse Team Lead (First Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 8/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
* Warehouse Lead
* Chicago, IL, USA
* Operations Shipping/Receiving
* Daniel Kaminksi - Warehouse Manager
State of the Art, large Food Processing Plant with nationwide distribution, located along the Oak Park & Chicago boundaries is looking for a full-time Warehouse lead.
Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of District supplies, inventory/fixed assets, maintain receiving and inventory control records and prepare related reports; serve as a lead over one or more assigned warehouse function; train and provide lead work direction and guidance to assigned staff. Responsible to lead and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for staging or shipment by performing the following duties
* Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
* Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of receipts and shipments.
* Determines space requirements and position of materials received and lays out position of storage and staging.
* Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
* Compiles records of unfilled orders for staging.
* Reviews bills of lading.
* Issues written and oral instructions.
* Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
* Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
* Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
* Adjusts errors and complaints.
* Directly supervises 3 to 10 employees in the Shipping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* High school education; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* SAP knowledge
* Ability to lead a team
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Typical work schedule: Varies - 4-5 days per week, 12 hours per day, start time 3AM
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.