This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
Interstate Battery System of America
Garden Grove, CA
If you've been looking for an Outrageously Dependable company where character counts, then you're home. Interstate Batteries, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, built its reputation on a great automotive battery, but look how much we've grown over the past 60 years! We now offer more than 16,000 portable power solutions and accessories throughout North America, Australia, the Caribbean and Latin America. Take charge of your future and see if you have what it takes to be one of our 1,600 specially selected Team Members.
* Perform all warehouse jobs including : Receiving, Put-a-ways, Picking, Replenishments, Packing, Palletizing, and Shipping
* Ensures continuous process improvement
* Designs warehouse layout to maximize space utilization, productivity and safety
* Manages inventory quality and accuracy assurance program
* Coordinates physical inventory process and cycle counts
* Develops stock location and order picking strategies to optimize work flow, space utilization, and labor productivity
* Responsible for the physical custody and overall safeguarding of the inventory
* Process inbound receiving of containers or full truck, truck pallet shipments, and small parcel shipments
* Assist with deliveries
* Minimum 3 years warehouse operations experience including inventory control procedures and inventory/ accounting relationships
* Electrical experience or apprentice preferred
* Strong written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
* Strong organization and time management skills and able to work under pressure
* Working knowledge of carrier operations, shipment routing and distribution methods
* Understanding of state, federal and interstate commerce regulations
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft products preferred)
* Have keen understanding of hazardous shipping laws and requirements
* Should be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds repetitively and be able to drive a forklift.
* Must have a clean driving record ( a CDL or desire to obtain a CDL is preferred )