Warehouse 2nd Shift Selector - Brighton, MI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONExperience a world where Hard work and great pay create a place where you can Learn by doing, meet New challenges, work alongside some of the Greatest team members around, and have a little fun along the way.
We expect great things from you - and you should expect a great experience with us.
Experience a world where Hard work and great pay create a place where you can Learn by doing, meet New challenges, work alongside some of the Greatest team members around, and have a little fun along the way.
We expect great things from you and you should expect a great experience with us.
Warehouse Order Selectors
Order Selectors have a very physically demanding job here we call it the get paid to work out program. You ll be picking product (up to 100 pounds per case) throughout the shift and getting it ready for delivery to our customers.
Hours of Operation:
Work Days: Sunday - Thursday
Hours: ~6:30pm - (4:00am - 6:00am, approximately or until the job is finished)
From time to time, we might need you other days of the week (flexibility is important)
Starting hourly pay:
Pay: $15.34 (includes $0.60 shift premium)
After 90 days: pay raise based on performance and attendance
Potential Incentives: calculated weekly / paid out monthly - based on accuracy and speed
Distribution Center Location: 7770 Kensington Ct Brighton, MI 48116
Like any job, there are some requirements:
* You must be 18 years of age or older (Required)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent (Preferred)
* Must be able to work Holidays and Overtime as required
* We have frozen products your ability to work in extreme Cold or Hot conditions is required while you re here
* Experience in warehouse / distribution is Highly Preferred but not required
* Remember we said, Hard work you might lift 25-100 pounds per case as part of this job
* Successfully Pass our Drug screen and Background check requirements (criminal background check, yes we do not check your credit score)
* Valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what s happening next in the process
Other skills and abilities needed for this job:
* Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment requiring constant walking, ascending/descending stairs or pallet jack platform, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying.
* Must be able to read, write and communicate in English (to read labels, pick lists, scanners, signage, company website information related to benefits, updates, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions).
* Must be able to work independently or within a team environment.
* Must adhere to all safety regulations and procedures.
* Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the startup, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Our automated distribution centers hire some of the best athletes in the business. Here's a first-hand look at what it's like to be a selector inside of our
Automated distribution center: Click Here to Watch the Video
Be part of an amazing culture where your potential is personal to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.