Warranty Engineer 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Amotec is conducting a search for a client of ours that is a manufacturer of Electronic and Electromechanical components for the Automotive Industry located near Novi, MI. They have asked us to find them a Warranty Engineer who will lead warranty interface between the customer quality and engineering departments and the manufacturing facilities. They will use OEM warranty systems to pull warranty data and analyze to suit both OEM warranty information requests as well as internal requests. They will work closely with the plant to insure that the data is used to drive costs associated with warranty down.
Essential Functions Include:
* Provide up to date warranty data and analysis to OEMs
* Managing of warranty part returns at OEM warranty center and present warranty teardown analysis
* Work with manufacturing and accounting department to evaluate and reduce warranty debits by OEM
* Collaborate with team to ensure PowerPoint presentations are compiled for customer visits to various manufacturing facilities.
* Provide continuous updates to customers pertaining to status of warranty improvement items
* Minimum of 3years experience in a Manufacturing Environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* Must be willing to travel up to 30% to meet with customers, suppliers, manufacturing sites and corporate offices
* Certified in formal problem solving methodologies: Six SigmaBlack Belt, Shainin Red X, etc.