Warranty Services Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America. At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Warranty Claim Representative is responsible for providing superior service to our contractors, sales force and consumers of our products. For this role, the ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact in a professional manner both by telephone and in writing; be able to deal with difficult situations; and, display a high level of empathy and compassion when addressing customers' concerns. The ideal candidate should have a customer service background and exhibit strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook. Knowledge of the PeopleSoft software system would be a major plus, as well.
Excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and make sound business decisions and a very strong attention to detail are required.
Experience in the roofing industry and/or a property insurance background are a plus as the individual will be required to interact with roofing contractors and building related topics on a daily basis.
This position is located in our Parsippany, NJ Corporate Office and the candidate will report to the Claims Supervisor, but will interact with all levels of GAF management, including Sales and our team of roof inspectors.
* Handle incoming calls from GAF sales personnel, roofing contractors and property owners
* Reviews claim submissions in conjunction with GAF's warranties
* Schedules inspections that detail clear, concise instructions
* Gathers information in a timely manner to help determine an expedient and proper course of action, including the ability to evaluate the claim and the need for further information/investigation.
* Maintains workflows and diaries claims through the use of daily reports and/or Outlook
* Ensures that the proper claim status code is promptly and accurately input
* Prepares customer letters
* Conduct timely follow ups with internal and external customers
* Review contractor invoices and repair photos
* Determines the accuracy of pricing through various sources
* Completes Settlement Worksheets for Supervisor approval
* When applicable, completes clear and concise reporting of large claims for review and consideration by senior management
* Prepare check requests through PeopleSoft
* Maintain organized files and ensures that notes reflect the current status and a plan of action
* Complies with GAF best practices and standards for customer service and file handling processes
* Provide support to Sales and GAF Inspection Team
Daily Job Functions
* Telephone 50%
* Administrative (Data Entry & File Verification) 50%
* Basic knowledge of standard roofing concepts and practices
* Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
* Advanced telephone skills
Desired Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Minimum of one year's experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a roofing related industry or commercial property insurance, required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
No search firms please.