Watchman Clinical Specialist -EXPLORATORY -Columbia and Baltimore MD AREA Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION:
Promotes company products through education of current and potential customers within a defined area by providing clinical education, sales strategy and support in order to assist in achieving or exceeding projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within assigned product lines.
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by creating and delivering presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to keep all customers abreast of the latest product, therapy, and technology developments and current items of interest in the industry.
- Meets with existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) by traveling (in an automobile or airplane) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate and train them on how company products can help them to achieve their goals.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel at all levels including staff, physicians, and administrators (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in creating conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
- Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of area/organizational objectives.
- Demonstrates effective change leadership and builds strategic partnerships to better the area/organization by leveraging relationships with their peers, management and across WATCHMAN organization (Marketing, Training, and Strategic Planning).
- Assist management in recruiting and coaching organizational talent and demonstrates effective change leadership. Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Implements and monitors strategies outlined by the quarterly plan of action for the area. POA champion supporting market development, product launch, and competitive product intelligence.
- Coordinates territory and other BSC sales management and representatives efforts to build strategic partnerships that will further area and organizational objectives.
- Develops relationships with key referring physicians, external fellows, NEPIs, other key physicians in order to promote market development and growth.
- Work with sales management to proactively identify strategic initiatives that improve the effectiveness of the area and organization.
- On-call duties may be necessary to support coverage.
CLINICAL TRIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (IF APPLICABLE):
- Trains on and maintains knowledge of clinical trial protocols, Clinical Department standard operating procedures, and compliance toward the regulations of world-wide regulatory bodies to meet corporate and departmental objectives.
- Manages clinical trial activity within his/her assigned territory which includes but is not limited to completing Interest Visits and Site Initiation Visits.
- Educates clinical investigators on clinical trial protocols, clinical process, and investigational products and features.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- BA/BS REQUIRED in related field plus minimum 8 yrs clinical work experience in the area of Cardiology within the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Requires Cardiac imaging experience: TEE and/or IVUS and/or Echocardiography- Must have a technical aptitude; be able to discuss & explain complex technical product information.- Must be able to take rotational call on a 24/7/365 basis with a sales team.- Must be able to work flexible hours, complete extensive training program.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS- Work experience in the area of Atrial Fibrillation/Structural Heart - Master's degree
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM
Connect on Twitter (https://twitter.com/bostonsci) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BostonScientific and https://www.facebook.com/BostonScientificCareers).
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-DC-Washington||(n/a); US-FL-Orlando||Field Sales||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Job Segment: Law, Social Media, Pharmaceutical, Strategic Planning, Legal, Marketing, Science, Strategy, Research