Water Resources Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Water Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for a Water Resources Engineer, to join our world class firm in Richmond, VA.This entry level, full-time position requires attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible, possessing the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and may include some travel and field work. Primary focus for this Engineer will be planning, design and construction administration for many project opportunities including: water, wastewater, stormwater and water management. Management responsibilities would include working under the direction of the Project Manager or Sr. Engineers to assist in the development of project scopes and budgets, having interaction with clients and assisting with project management activities. Technical responsibilities will include; facilities planning, project design, permitting and construction administration activities as well as developing design reports and construction documents. Projects can involve facilities planning and design for treatment plants, pumping systems, pipelines, green infrastructure and flood protection.
Position includes, but is not limited to:
* Working on water / wastewater / stormwater treatment and conveyance including: planning, process evaluations, detailed design and construction administration.
* Field work to include, for example: conducting site visits, sampling, analyzing data for water quality, technology evaluations and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization, as well as condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities.
* Client facing tasks including preparation of and conducting effective presentations, participation in client meetings and field interaction with clients and subcontractors.
* Working on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
* Exercise judgment on details of work and in make preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
* Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
* Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with an strong attention to detail.
* Excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to perform theoretical investigations as well as practical work in the field.
* Must be able to work independently and as part of project teams.
* Ability to balance multiple assignment and activities to meet project deadlines.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Master s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field of study.
* Prior internship experience in Consulting Engineering firm or Municipal work environment.
* Familiarity with AutoCAD drafting software, ArcGIS, Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software.
* EIT certification.
Engineering - Water Resources
Arcadis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.