Water Treatment Plant Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Hot Springs, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
To ensure the water treatment plant is well maintained and reflects an image of outstanding quality and to provide safe & clean water in accordance with federal, state & local legislation, policies & standards.
* Maintain all aspects of the water treatment plant in order to ensure the availability of a clean water supply.
* Maintain the treatment plant systems.
* Maintain & operate the filtering & chemical treatment processes.
* Service & repair water treatment plant equipment including intakes, piping, storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, pumps & valves.
* Ensure there is an adequate supply of water for human consumption & firefighting.
* Order supplies, replacement parts and fuel for water treatment plant equipment.
* Maintain plumbing in the water treatment plant.
* Arrange for major repairs when needed.
* Complete water tests and keep records.
* Maintaining appropriate chemical levels.
* Ensure a clean safe environment at the water treatment plant.
* Ensure the operation of generators during power outages.
* Read meters on a monthly basis.
* Maintain daily logs.
* Provide reports to government agencies & other organizations, as needed.
* Repair & maintain municipal water supply, including valves, piping, meters & hydrants.
* Other duties as necessary.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time (at least 8 hours/shift).
* Self motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: