Wealth Platform Developer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a leading global provider of investment processing, fund processing, and investment management business outsourcing solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth. For more information, visit www.seic.com.
SEI has created a new SEI Wealth Platform to facilitate the wealth management and investment processing needs of our clients worldwide. The scope of the platform is enormous and includes client relationship management, investment management, portfolio accounting, transaction initiation, order management, trade execution, clearing, currency and foreign exchange processing, corporate actions processing, reconciliation, financial (reference) data management, financial planning, portfolio management, reporting and operational workflow. SEI will both build components in-house and buy and integrate best-in-class industry components. The technical environment includes: Java; J2EE; Angular 2; Apigee; Spring Framework; JSON / REST Services; GIT; X86/Linux; Oracle; Business Objects; Hadoop; Apache Storm; Spring Boot; Kafka; ZooKeeper; Elasticsearch; Kibana; LifeRay; Coherence; vCloud; Ansibl; ESB; Microservices.
The SEI Wealth Platform has a challenging career opportunity for an entry-level Wealth Platform Developer. This position requires a foundation of software development knowledge, and the ability to work in an Agile team environment and grow development skills through technical project work. The candidate should be adaptable, possess a wide range of technical skills, and demonstrate the ability to understand financial services business requirements. The candidate should be a strong utility type programmer with the ability to switch context quickly and efficiently with project managers, database engineers, technical operations and other platform personnel.
Responsibilities During Development Phases:
*Developing code based on reading and understanding business and functional requirements
*Producing high-quality code to meet all project deadlines and ensuring the functionality matches the requirements
* Analyzing and resolving issues found during the testing or pre-production phases of the software delivery lifecycle
*Coordinating changes with project team leaders and cross-work team members
* Providing technical support to project team members and responding to inquiries regarding errors or questions about programs
* BS Degree in Computer Science or applicable programming area of study
* Prior project experience working with an application development organization; must demonstrate experience delivering systems and projects from inception through implementation
* Proficiency in analysis, design, build, and deployment of Java applications. Experience developing solutions within an Application Container; experience developing Java services; web services is a plus
* Understand the foundations of database access methods and simple SQL constructs. Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate, JPA0 is a plus
* Understand asynchronous and synchronous transactions and processing. Experience with JMS, MDBs, MQ is a plus
* School or work experience with any of the following Linus/UNIX/Solaris/AIX; Shell programming/PERL, Groovy
* Experience in developing Web Applications with Java Script, HTML, JSPs. Experience with MVC frameworks such as Struts; Spring is a plus
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong system/ technical analysis skills
* GPA of 3.2 or above
* Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
* Internship experience within financial management organization
* Self-motivation with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to develop a strong internal network across the platform
* Excellent collaboration, communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to think creatively and seek optimum solutions
* Ability to grasp loosely defined concepts and transform them into tangible results and key deliverables
* Very strong problem-solving skills
* Diagnostic skills with the ability to analyze technical, business and financial issues and options
* Ability to infer from previous examples, willingness to understand how an application is put together
* Action-oriented, with the ability to quickly deal with change
Location and Travel
This position is based in Malvern, PA and our corporate headquarters in Oaks, PA. Some travel may be required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
SEI reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to the candidates who we will sponsor for work visas.
SEI promotes an environment that is supportive of veterans and service members. Benefits for student veterans include mentors, flexible schedules and tuition assistance for qualified disabled veterans.
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.