Web Application Developer (partial REMOTE)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
Gerber Technology, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our multidisciplinary Engineering team. Use your creativity to innovate, solve problems and design software systems. Apply your software skills to the design and development of databases and graphical user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
Telecommute is available for highly qualified candidates who can travel weekly to our CT or NY offices.
* Full stack web software development as part of a larger process control application.
* Consolidate data from several databases into a centralized data server.
* Create reporting tools that retrieve and graph data from the database(s).
* The ability to work effectively in a team environment is essential.
* This position is based ON-SITE in our Tolland, CT office.
* 5+ years' experience developing web application software, including all layers of the web stack.
* Experience with open source web stack development, MEAN, LAMP, etc.
* Experience developing and maintaining applications, including cloud native, within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
* Experience with Web Services, SOAP, etc.
* Experience with object oriented design and OO design tools.
* Familiarity with all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle (design, coding, revision control, bug tracking, etc.).
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Bachelors in Computer Science or a related technical field.
The following skills are a plus:
* Experience with the Microsoft web stack including SQL server, Entity Framework and ASP.NET, MVC.
* Experience developing GUI software in C#.
* Experience with Microsoft s Visual Studio development tools.
* Experience designing systems in a Big Data environment.
* Exposure to design patterns, unit testing and test-driven development.
Gerber Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.