Web Applications Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Loyola University Of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSTING DETAILS
Web Applications Developer
Department / School / College
ITS-Sys Implementation & Con-07140A
Is this partially or fully grant funded*
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, and maintains web based applications, using Java, Web Services, ColdFusion, and assorted programming languages as needed.
2. Performs requirements gathering, analysis, and writing design specifications.
3. Provides system administration support for application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, ColdFusion, etc.)
4. Reviews web sites for adherence of organization specifications and standards.
5. Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting complex software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using web based technologies.
6. Works with other ITS colleagues to meet the technical needs for assigned projects, consistent with division and department standards for technology and systems.
7. Demonstrates a commitment to Loyola's mission and vision by supporting the ITS core values of service excellence for university strategic initiatives and continuous development/improvement.
8. Proactively manages change through existing change management processes.
9. Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Education or Experience
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area is required, and at least 2 years of programming experience. Has knowledge of a broad range of concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:
* Experience with Grails/Groovy, PHP, ColdFusion, Oracle, and Eclipse IDE is a plus.
* The ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts is required.
* The ability to identify and solve technical problems in a timely manner is required.
* Ability to build strong, trustworthy partnerships and value-added relationships with technology and institutional stakeholders.
* Ability to show initiative and work independently and on teams.
* Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent client facing skills including exceptional oral and written communication skills.
* Core consulting skills such as business writing and presenting, and analytic comparisons.
* Excellent documentation skills, and must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and technical manuals. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and other Loyola staff, faculty, and students.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to understand and apply concepts such as resource utilization, work effort, percent to complete and project health.
* Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
* Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Great attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other university policies regarding data security and protection; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
*Supports the organization's goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative and organizational skills.
The majority of the work for this position will occur within the standard work week. However, this position will be on-call, and may need to work during off-hours to respond to problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Does this job involve significant physical strain or activity*
What unusual working conditions are associated with this job*
Rogers Park-Lake Shore
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Candidates Eligible to Apply*
Application Types Accepted
University Staff Application
Required Applicant Documents
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quicklink for Posting
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled