Web Content Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for WEB CONTENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST for our client in ATLANTA, GA
JOB TITLE: WEB CONTENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
JOB LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
Client is hiring for the position of Web Content Specialist.The GeorgiaGov Interactive team manages and supports a custom Drupal Content Management System (CMS) platform supporting nearly 80 agency websites. In addition, the team is responsible for migrating new sites to the platform, training agency content managers, and testing the platform for consistency in appearance and behavior when new functionality is added to the platform.
We are looking for someone to assist in website content migrations, perform quality assurance reviews, and provide general customer support for the web platform. You should be able to patiently talk to customers about their website and support needs, and be willing to research and troubleshoot unfamiliar issues. At times you will work alongside agency customers to assist them in updating content on their websites, focusing on best practices for content and the best use of the CMS. Preference goes to a candidate with experience leading hands-on computer training sessions, and documentation, though not required.
Experience with web content management system such as Drupal, Wordpress, or Joomla is required. We will train you on our custom platform, but you should already be comfortable with how a typical open source CMS works. The ideal candidate is familiar with HTML and comfortable with basic web design concepts. You should expect to have a collaborative approach to working with the internal team and with agency partners. Attention to detail is a must.
* Learn the web content entry platform
* Lead content entry and content migration assignments
* Use site governance tools to find areas to improve upon a site's SEO and accessibility
* Customer support and troubleshooting
* Training and technical documentation
* Basic understanding of HTML
* MS Word, Excel
* Strong writing skills
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
* Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field
* Experience with web content management system such as Drupal, Wordpress, or Joomla
* Experience leading hands-on computer training