Web DevOps Specialist - Windows Servers 9/1/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our mission is to make actionable health information accessible to people everywhere in the world at the time it matters, enabling early detection and intervention of disease, and empowering individuals with information to live the lives they want to live.
At Theranos, we're working to shape the future of lab testing. Now, for the first time, our high-complexity CLIA-certified laboratory can perform your tests quickly and accurately on samples as small as a single drop.
Theranos' patented technology can analyze samples as small as 1/1,000 the size of the typical blood draw. Our tests are certified in our CLIA laboratory and cover a full range from blood, urine, and other samples. It's fast, easy, and the highest level of quality.
Our proprietary infrastructure allows us to perform our test analyses with unprecedented speed. So we can have results to you and your doctor in a matter of hours, not days. Which means a fast diagnosis to support better, more informed treatment.
By systematically controlling and standardizing our micro-processes, we offer tests with high levels of precision. We've also automated our pre- and post-analytic processes, minimizing human processing -- the cause of the majority of lab-test errors
Since we make it easy to measure your body's information at the needed frequencies, we can help doctors to see small changes in test results as they emerge over time. In doing so, we're working to help you and your doctor track chronic conditions and provide insight into the early detection of a broad range of medical conditions.
* Engineer, develop, implement, integrate, and administer infrastructure components and business systems including .Net, IIS, SQL, and Windows Server.
* Design, maintain, support, and constantly improve mission-critical web based systems.
* Work closely with internaldevelopers, infrastructure teams, and business units to design and deploy complex and innovative technical solutions to business problems.
* Ensure the production environment for internal/external web-based applications is highly available based on the needs of established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Design and configure secure access to web applications including SSL certificates.
* Apply technical expertise throughout the system to ensure operational excellence, system resiliency, and compliance with security policies.
* On time and on budget delivery of externally developed solutions/products.
* Keen focus on automation, scripting, monitoring, performance tuning, and workflow design.
* Maintain excellent documentation of procedures and configurations.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in IIS 6.0/IIS7.0/IIS7.5 including FTP Server.
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and Windows 2012.
* 3+ years of experience with SQL Server 2008/2012
* Experience supporting the IIS, SQL Server, WebSphere and WebLogic servers, Tomcat, Jetty applications.
* Experience with installing, upgrading, and patching 3rd party software products.
* Experience installing and managing web applications running on Microsoft Windows Server and configuring integration with databases and authentication services.
* Proficiency with Caching, DNS, Hardware Load Balancing, and Network routing.
* Experience with performance monitoring, remote administration, client/server architecture, Web application management, internet technologies, and network architecture.
* Understanding of security issues involved in maintaining and safeguarding proprietary data.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.