Web Developer (.NET) 8/16/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
What you ll be working on: Designing, building and coding custom, dynamic, multimedia web applications to custom specs that can include audio, video, and image components. Our developers work on multiple projects in a typical week and strive to create visually appealing web surveys that feature user-friendly, responsive design. We work in a collaborative environment to design, code and modify surveys, from layout to function, in order to support Cox Media Group s properties. Our web developers also make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies to improve our product.
Develop, QC and execute custom multimedia web surveys in a collaborative programming environment
* Consult with the project point person on technical requirements
* Design and code visually appealing, user-friendly, and dynamic multimedia surveys
* Perform quality control on all factors relating to survey integrity: programming code, skip logic, survey appearance, data requirements and grammar
* Work with the field service to execute the launch of each survey
* Monitor data and respondent samples throughout the fielding period
* Analyze and resolve any technical issues that arise
* Provide project point person with final data locations and full data when fielding is complete
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology OR 3+ years of experience with web/application development in the following languages: ASP.NET, Visual Basic (VB.NET, VBScript, VBA), HTML5.
- Competency with:
- SQL (MS SQL, MySQL)
- Microsoft Excel and Access
WEB DEVELOPER ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner with the proven capability of meeting aggressive deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and switch between multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail, must consistently meet technical and survey requirements with accuracy (quality control experience)
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment, as well as independently
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing