Web Developer and Web Content Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe mission of the Drug Enforcement Administration's (DEA) Community Outreach & Prevention Support Section (CPO) is to enhance prevention programs across the nation by developing strategic alliances with prevention and treatment providers; community coalitions; and federal, state, and local governments in their efforts to reduce the demand for drugs. Through CPO, DEA shares drug law enforcement expertise and intelligence on the nature and extent of the national, regional, and local drug threat and on emerging drug enforcement priorities. In conjunction with its prevention partners, DEA engages in aggressive public messaging campaigns to illustrate the consequences of drug use, particularly for non-users who suffer collateral damage as a result of the illegal drug trade. DEA is committed to the principle that reducing the demand for drugs is a critical complement to its primary supply reduction mission.
In 1986, DEA created the Demand Reduction Section to stimulate, support, and coordinate DEA's prevention activities throughout the nation. Over the years, DEA's Demand Reduction Section has evolved to meet the challenges of changing patterns of drug use and abuse, to integrate continued advancements in the field of substance abuse prevention, and to support the organizations that present significant opportunities for involvement in the work of prevention.
We are seeking a Web Developer/Content Manager to support the efforts at DEA HQ.
• Develop and improve the hosting and maintenance of its current educational websites designed to increase public awareness about the dangers of illegal drug use
• Develop custom Drupal modules and perform backups of Drupal sites
• Maintain CPO’s Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
• Participate in a variety of website development processes: analysis, planning, testing, development, maintenance
• Research emerging technologies to identify enhancements to the website visitor experience and perform updates with routine maintenance of websites
• Develop concepts for the overall design/redesign and structure of the sites
• Code, debug, test, demonstrate and implement all facets of the application
• Develop responsive sites that are relative to the target audience, and adaptable to various types of technology (i.e. desktop computers, laptops, smart phones, tablets etc.)
• Incorporate social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube into the design and functionality of the websites
• Provide monthly and quarterly analytics on each site to include the number of visits, pages of content viewed, visits from search engine traffic, mobile visits, number of downloads for printed materials, and videos
• Provide reports to include but not limited to web content records, web management records, and technical records. Provide reports as needed on special promotions, website activity and services requested by CPO
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and demonstrated technical competency
• Three or more years of database experience including Drupal development, database development, coding, and maintenance
• Two or more years of experience in web development including experience in browser compatibility testing across multiple operating systems.
• A minimum of two years of full stack web development experience and programming
• Experience with Drush, Apache configuration, MySQL administration and PHP programming
• Proficiency in Drupal, including site building, theming, and custom module development experience preferred
• Strong experience with the Drupal API and common modules (Views, Webforms, Features)
• Experience with end-user requirements gathering and working with other developers
• Ability to obtain clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10530 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf