Web Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Natural Resources Defense Council
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is one of the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 1.4 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 430 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Livingston, Bozeman, MT, and Beijing.
Position Summary :
NRDC is seeking a Web Product Manager to work within the digital technology team in our New York office.
We are doing something a bit different here, forming a product team to change the way our essential technology platforms are built and managed. NRDC's web presence and web properties are essential for the delivery of the organization's programs and efforts, and the web product manager is therefore the key architect, manager, and enabler responsible for ensuring this ecosystem of web products are built and maintained beautifully, strategically, usefully and intuitively.
The web product manager will be responsible for the strategic and technical oversight of NRDC's digital properties. S/he will be charged with developing the strategy and standards by which all digital properties are built and maintained. The web product manager leads both development and works closely with the creative, editorial and fundraising and advocacy teams to develop the tools to meet our engagement and fundraising goals. This role manages the web roadmap and builds digital technologies that support the strategy and mission of the organization. This position is charged with ensuring that all NRDC's web tools are agile, stable, and secure. The perfect candidate is inspired by NRDC's mission and loves building websites and tools that inspire action.
* Synthesize needs and requirements for web development from internal and external stakeholders to build web tools.
* Work as the point person for developers and technical consultants to scope, request, and implement new iterations and features for the website.
* Oversee code development making sure it meets technical specifications and is of the highest quality
* Dedicate resources to user experience and constantly listen and watch to how users are using the website and strive to make it better.
* Lead development by relying on data and analytics to improve upon the web properties
* Manage the web budget, managing priorities, resources and timeline
* Minimum of 3-5 years or more of relevant experience in digital and website management
* Experience in programming, communications, technology or other relevant field
* Strong knowledge of digital production technologies includes content management systems like Drupal and constituent relationship management systems.
* Experience with online marketing, fundraising, advocacy and engagement strategies
* Strong communications skills and the ability to explain technology clearly and succinctly to non-technical staff
* Strong organizational and project management skills essential, with the ability to work collaboratively and quickly with a variety of vendors, departments and stakeholders
* Ability to work collaboratively and quickly with a variety of vendors, departments and stakeholders.
* Thorough knowledge of digital and data tools including databases, social media and constituent management systems. Salesforce is a plus.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please create a profile and upload your resume and cover letter. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs . Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please email us at email@example.com.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org