Web Systems Engineer (Linux)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160816-8108-RLB
Company Name: Xactware
SENIOR LINUX SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Xactware, a member company of Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK), is seeking experienced engineers to join our IT Operations team. Ranked 18th on Forbes Magazine s 2015 list of the World s Most Innovative Companies, Verisk and Xactware are constantly working to implement the latest technologies and industry best practices. As the world leader in Property and Casualty insurance claims technology, Xactware offers products that provide end-to-end service to insurers, contractors, and the insured.
As a Senior Linux Systems Engineer, you will:
* Design and implement systems to support development and quality assurance efforts under the guidance of a systems architect.
* Develop strong relationships with business and technical leaders as the primary engineer of a product team.
* Define priorities, solutions, and tasks for small to medium sized projects, such as expanding into new datacenters, supporting new products and improving existing products.
* Document operational processes and infrastructure parameters.
* Take ownership of problems and manage incidents, completing root cause analyses and defining permanent resolutions.
* Work closely in a team with other system and database engineers, as well as application development and quality assurance teams to ensure clarity of work scope, roles, and timelines.
* Automate server provisioning, configuration, patching, and monitoring.
* Continually improve the performance, stability, and deployment processes of Tomcat and Java applications in production environments across a global infrastructure.
* Support enterprise security with auditing and compliance.
* Mentor mid-level engineers in industry best practices and latest trends.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of work experience with Linux server technology, including CentOS 6/7, RHEL 6/7, and Fedora.
* 3+ years of work experience in a heavily used, highly available, 24x7 enterprise platform.
* Firm understanding of server hardware, SAN, and networking technologies, as well as common protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, and SSL.
* Demonstrated proficiency working with Apache web servers, Tomcat or JBoss application servers, J2EE, JK connectors, JVM optimization, and Oracle databases.
* Skilled in developing scripts for the automation of day-to-day tasks (Bash, Ruby, Python, or similar).
* Strong written and verbal communication, mentoring, and problem solving skills with a team-player mindset.
* Expertise monitoring application performance and server health with tools such as New Relic, Splunk, and Nagios.
* Experience driving problem and incident management processes.
* Willingness to work in a mixed-platform environment with both Linux and Windows.
Ideal candidates would also have experience with:
* Virtualization Platforms:
* Automation Systems:
* Corporate Collaboration and Knowledge Management:
* BitBucket Server (formerly, Stash)
* Package Management:
* Yum Repo Management
* Continuous Integration:
* Citrix NetScaler
* Global Infrastructure:
* Disaster Recovery
* Architecture Governance
What we offer:
* Competitive salary.
* Full benefits starting day one Medical, Dental, Life, FSA, 401(k) etc.
* Opportunities for career development and growth.
* Empowered decision making through trust and verification.
* On-site gym, basketball courts, and sand volleyball!
* High quality work environment with high quality people.
XACTWARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.