Web Systems Engineer Team Lead
Job ID: 20160908-8227-RLB
Company Name: Xactware
Xactware, part of the Verisk Analytics family of companies, is looking for IT Operations Team Lead to ensure that our products and services perform at the highest standards. If you are looking to join a team that is vital to the success of a market leader, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What the job is like:
* Manage the operation of highly scalable, highly available information systems to provide web services for customers as well as for in-house applications.
* Advise on hardware upgrades, software upgrades, product releases, configuring, troubleshooting, debugging, and testing with other IT departments and development teams.
* Effectively and professionally interact with customers and clients of Xactware, and provide expert technical coordination for Xactware s customer facing products as well as shared IT infrastructure.
* Help track and manage team/product deadlines, manage project tasks, and make assignments to team members.
* Responsible for supervision of IT staff including employee evaluations.
* Work within and across business units to prioritize and build execution road maps.
* Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
* Facilitate and drive meetings, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past.
* May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, and results in addressing delivery impediments or quality issues.
* Demonstrate accountability while leading people with passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity. Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
* Lead team of system and database administrators to deliver high availability systems.
All-Star Skills Needed:
* Bachelor s degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field.
* 7-10 years of IT experience and 2-3 years of Lead or PM experience.
* Excellent knowledge of computer systems architecture, including high-availability, fault-tolerant systems.
* Excellent knowledge of internet client/server technologies and protocols.
* Experience with application performance management tools to provide 24x7 enterprise level support.
* Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information to solve difficult problems.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Bring a strong technical foundation including databases, web and application servers, virtualization, networking, and storage; in addition to, how these function in a highly scalable, highly available environment.
* Ability to identify and manage technical debt.
* Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies; able to work at the strategic level and lead options analysis, and make solution proposals that meet business expectations as well as work within the constraints of the organization.
* Look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities and able to build action plans to improve the team s velocity, capacity, and quality.
* Ability to drive processes that support development and operations across the technical organizations within the company, such as incident management, change management, problem management and resource planning.
* Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, technical, and business product managers including all levels of management.
* Ability to anticipate and identify issues and risks of a complex nature and independently drive toward an effective solution.
* Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification by influencing stakeholders and partners.
Things that will set you apart:
* PMP Certified
* ITIL certification
* Experience managing teams with Kanban or Scrum
* Experience with SDLC
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.