Welder II - Fabricator - 2nd Shift 9/1/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Fabricator/Assembler works under the direction of the Engineered Systems Supervisor. Fabricates, assembles and had to pass welding qualification (GMAW) Gas Metal Arc-Short Circuit, special dry chemical and AFFF fire protection and extinguishing systems.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know their duties in case of emergency
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
If a respirator use is necessary, the employee will be required to complete and pass a respirator physical exam and be clean shaven to assure a good face seal on the respirator.
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must have a working knowledge of blueprints and previous welding experience. Must be able to pass 4-G weld test in order to fabricate and assemble special equipment products. Working knowledge of shop math is also required. Involves handling items over 50 pounds. Standing 100% of the time.
1. Assembles standard and special dry chemical or AFFF systems and sub-assembles from diagrams, prints or verbal instruction.
2. Fabricates and assembles skids, cylinder racks, cabinets and miscellaneous small parts such as nozzle and crank holder, and plates and gas tubes. Assembles Bladder tanks.
3. Assembles and tests pneumatic actuation and detection systems.
4. Operates machines such as band saws, metal shears, ultra graph, cutting wheel pipe bender, threader and hydraulic press to cut or shape components to specified dimensions.
5. Fits components together using hand tools, portable power tools, such as grinders, drills, punch press and drill press.
6. Join components using flange fittings, are welding, brazing, soldering on carbon steel, stainless steel, copper alloys and aluminum plate, angle, channel and pipe.
7. Makes up hoses using cut-off machine, kwik-krimp coupler and hose assembly machine.
8. Tests tanks and systems under pressure using nitrogen cylinder or air to 250 pounds per square inch.
9. Fabricates jigs and fixtures for welding, cutting and drilling to customer specifications. Also fabricates fixtures for other production areas.
10. Sets up and performs minor maintenance on machines as required.
11. Crates components using power and hand tools.
12. Performs related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.