This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
The David J. Joseph Company
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling and trading. With over 80 locations, The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE), a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
Western Metals Recycling (WMR), a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity as a Welder/Maintenance for our Salt Lake City, UT metals recovery facility.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. Maintain plant equipment through preventive maintenance program. Equipment includes but not limited to conveyors, magnets, eddy current, air compressors, vibratory feeders, mobile equipment and electrical systems.
3. Maintain spare parts.
4. Welding and fabrication of parts.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of conveyor systems and bearings.
2. Welding and metal fabrication.
3. Experience in an industrial/outdoor work environment.
4. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
5. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
6. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
7. Flexible to work off hours and weekends.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, paid holidays, safety bonus potential, 401k match, among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
Western Metals Recycling is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
Western Metals Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a . /p