Welder- 2nd Shift- Saukville, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWelder- 2nd Shift- Saukville, WI
Perform set-up and all position welding on a diversified line of weldments and structures involving a variety of parts and assemblies.
* Understand, properly set up and use a variety of welding equipment e.g. Oxy-Acetylene gas, SMAW, GMAW, & Plazma.
* Working knowledge of welding symbols with the ability to weld to the specifications defined by those symbols.
* Weld to proper dimensions and to meet general test requirements.
* Work from drawings, blueprints, job layouts, and sketches.
* Fit, position, and weld a variety of items e.g. frames, tanks, pipes, production service equipment and machinery etc.
* Chip and grind welds as required.
* Perform a variety of duties requiring a cutting torch.
* Proficiently operate welding equipment plus all shop equipment and portable power tools necessary to prepare and final finish assigned task.
* Carry out all required safety functions.
* Understand different types of steel.
* Assure the quality in each job performed.
* Clean and maintain work areas, machines, etc. as required during and at the end of the shift
* Complete required documentation necessary to maintain accurate inventory and payroll records.
* Measure, understand, act on and report quality and operations information. Understand, act on and communicate internal and external customer requirements and organization goals.
* Assist co-workers as required.
* Perform minor maintenance and report abnormalities.
* Take initiative to address all process and equipment malfunctions and problems.
* Recommend and assist in process and equipment improvements.
High school education required. Previous welding experience preferred.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.