Welder - 2nd & 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout ThyssenKrupp
ThyssenKrupp AG (TK) is a leading global diversified technology and materials group based in Essen, Germany. It has 160,000 employees in nearly 80 countries working with passion and expertise to develop technologies, products and services for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis for our success. In fiscal year 2013/2014, the Group generated sales of 41 billion (approximately $51.7 billion).
Globally, the company comprises seven business areas (BA): Steel Europe, Steel Americas, Materials Services, Elevator Technologies, Components Technologies, Plant Technologies and Marine Systems, which serve clients across the automotive, aerospace, industrial and chemical sectors.
In North America, ThyssenKrupp companies offer a range of products and services, including: high-performance alloys, automotive components, elevators, escalators and moving walks, material trading, handling and logistics, plant construction and industrial services. In fiscal year 2013/2014, ThyssenKrupp companies in North America employed approximately 20,500 people and generated sales of 9 billion (approximately $11.4 billion) in Canada, the United States and Mexico.
In 2011, ThyssenKrupp adopted a regional organizational structure to streamline decision-making and take advantage of synergies as well as accelerate new product and service development in the region. As a result, the Group established a new North American headquarters, ThyssenKrupp North America, Inc. (TKNA), based in Chicago, Illinois. TKNA provides integrated strategic direction and services for all ThyssenKrupp companies in Canada, the United States and Mexico and helps identify new markets and opportunities for growth in the region.
As a Welder, employees work as a member of a team, using robotic and straight welders to build component parts to company specifications and customer expectations consistent with Bilstein's quality and productivity standards.
Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding Technician
* Starts power supply to produce electric current
* Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece
* Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
* Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal
* Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece
* Identifies proper welds and makes repairs to broken or cracked parts
* Identifies proper symmetry and makes adjustments to fixtures as needed
* Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces
* Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter
* Preheats work piece with hand torch or heating furnace
* Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture
* Tacks assemblies together
* Positions and secures tools in tool holders on turret and cross slide
* Positions and secures work piece in chuck or to faceplate
* Identifies discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor
* Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times
* Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by Line/Team Leads or any other member of the mangement team
Specific Job Duties
* Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment
* Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts)
* Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude
* Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one's skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times
* Must be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods
* Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality
* Gains satisfaction from team accomplishments and takes pride in one's contributions
* Sets high expectations and achieves results
* Uses time wisely and is accountable to self and the team
* Able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis
* Ability to read and understand blue prints and work instructions
* Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed, and quality focused
ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
To learn more about ThyssenKrupp in North America, please visit our website: