This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONChief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
* Under direct supervision, assists higher level engineers with the design, plan and project coordination by performing any combination of or all essential duties and responsibilities assigned.
* Develops, evaluates, and improves methods while emphasizing the implementation of quality, efficiency, process, costing, and equipment improvements for numerous simultaneous projects.
* Observes and assists higher level Engineers in resolving problematic issues related to specific areas of technology, equipment and processes.
* Confers with appropriate customers / departments to ensure efficient and effective review and implementation for completed job tasks.
* Contacts vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
* Must be able to draw, read, and interpret schematics.
* Must be able to apply technical theory and other acquired knowledge to resolve technical problems.
* Provides guidance, support, and assistance to technicians and lower-level engineers.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
Must have a 4-year degree in an Engineering field
Must have at least 3 years prior experience as an Engineer, preferably in the automotive industry, with particular focus on welding.
Must be able to work from Engineering specifications, manuals, drawings, established procedures, verbal and written instructions, use a variety of precision measuring equipment.
Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).