Welding Process Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Bowling Green, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AIRGAS USA, LLC - is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. We have more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations nationwide. Airgas is a company of hard-working men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed. When a challenge arises, we provide the right solutions, leveraging our many years of industry process expertise and our extensive gases, welding, and safety products offering.
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Welding Process Specialist for the Central Kentucky and Middle Tennessee Territory.
The Welding Process Specialist is a technical sales position responsible for developing Airgas specific selling expertise of welding processes and applications. This position works closely with an Advanced Fabrication Welding Process Specialist gaining experience utilizing the Airgas Advanced Fabrication Sales Methodology which includes the Airgas Efficiency Analysis & Engineered Cost Reductions. The Welding Process Specialist interacts with a broad spectrum of Airgas associates, external vendors and suppliers as well as existing and prospective customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for growing profitable sales of Welding Processes and Welding Applications to both new and existing small to midsize Airgas customers.
* Works to develop in-depth technical knowledge to become proficient at matching customer needs with the appropriate Airgas products and services, to address customer inquiries, and to provide customer service.
* Develops an understanding and ability to utilize the Airgas sales tools (Efficiency Analysis, Welding surveys, Welding 201) to promote sales and margin profitability.
* Travels to customer sites with the Advanced Fabrication Welding Process Specialist to gain an understanding of the customer's current welding processes and help in determination of what Airgas welding solutions would further benefit the customer.
* Provides to customers sales knowledge and marketing literature to promote the Airgas Shielding Gases, welding products and services.
* Upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge becoming well-versed in flexible and fixed automation applications and CNC cutting systems.
* Operates in a safe manner at all times and is a proactive advocate of safety promoting safety by example and aggressively promoting safety with other associates and customers.
Special projects and other duties as required
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's Degree in Welding (AAS) highly preferred. In lieu of Associate's degree, may accept Military Welding training, Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or additional years of formalized welding training/ experience as a trade-off.
* Minimum of 4 years of prior welding industry experience.
* Prior sales experience required; prior technical sales experience preferred.
* Requires successfully passing the Certified Welding Sales Representative (CWSR) exam sponsored by the American Welding Society (AWS) once hired to formally and successfully enter the Airgas Welding training program.
* Membership within the American Welding Society (AWS), American Society for Materials (ASM), American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT), American Society for Quality (ASQ), American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and/or Society for Mechanical Engineering (SME) highly desirable.
* Demonstrates both a strong interest and basic knowledge and understanding of welding processes and applications.
* Demonstrated relationship management & consultative aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise technical solutions for the customer.
* Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
* Knowledge of the principles of TQM, Lean and/or Six Sigma is highly preferred.
* Strong mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply to customer sales analysis and cost comparisons.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
* Self-motivated and results-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and be flexible.
* PC skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Frequent regional travel (up to 60% of work time) requiring overnight/weekend travel to meet deadlines.
* Requires reliable transportation, a current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more !!!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability