Wet Chemist, Fairfield, NJ 9/10/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Performs a wide range of chemical and physical analyses in a laboratory setting in accordance with various standard methodologies including, but not limited to USP/NF, EP, JP, FCC, CFR ASTM, AOAC, AOCS, Client methods and Military and Federal Specifications. Knowledge of various analytical techniques required. Performs duties according to LSS Global direction and in compliance with cGMP and GLP regulations and SGS Integrity programs.
* Perform testing in accordance with specified methods.
* Document activities in accordance with cGMP.
* Maintains orderly work area.
* Train other analysts on techniques and methods
* Sets up laboratory equipment and/or instrumentation required for the analysis of samples in accordance with USP/NF, ASTM, AOIAC, AOCS, FIFRA, EPA, CFR procedures, client proprietary procedures and other non-routine procedures.
* With supervision, tests and analyzes samples such as pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical raw materials, chemicals, petroleum products, plastics paper, food, textiles, soaps and detergents, polishes and waxes among others to determine purity, content, physical properties as well as other characteristics.
* Prepares chemical solutions and appropriate dilutions, for use in analyses, following standardized formulas and experimental procedures.
* Uses and operates any equipment or test apparatus and glassware in laboratory, with appropriate training. Also assists in maintenance and trouble shooting of testing equipment.
* May, under supervision and request of supervisor or manager, communicate with clients regarding time performance or problems encountered in the particular analysis.
* Assist in keeping inventory of laboratory chemicals and equipment necessary for the day to day functioning of the laboratory and in compiling list of supplies to be ordered when needed.
* Perform various QC activities as required to maintain the laboratory.
* May be assigned special or ad hoc projects as needed
* Bachelor s degree in Chemistry or a related science degree and one year related analytical experience. Or
* A minimum of 5 years of technical experience and knowledge in analytical laboratory operations and services.
* General knowledge of chemistry and knowledge of various analytical techniques and methodologies.
* Must be able to communicate clearly in English
* Communication skills including grammar and composition.
* Ability to work well with others & independently.
* Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
* Knowledge of another language besides English (French or Spanish) is an asset.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.