This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONPurpose of Position: To support and enhance the production of fish form the points of pounds and quality.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for assisting with the harvest, loading and sampling of fish.
- Responsible for assisting with the daily water quality by testing of the water and administering proper additives as prescribed by the Aquaculture Facility Manager.
- Responsible for cleaning of the facility, which includes but is not limited to cleaning of emptied tanks, washing drum filters and LHO's (Low Head Oxygenation) Systems removal of trash, and raking of rocks.
- Responsible for verifying that the fish feed is being properly distributed to each tank.
- Responsible for assisting in the unloading of feed and inputs required for the production of fish.
- Responsible for assisting in the replacing of pumps, blowers and other mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Occasionally transport fingerlings or fry between locations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Able to apply logic and understanding to carry out instructions given in written and oral
- Able to complete paperwork, reports, documentation, and email communication in a legible, organized, and timely manner
- Attention to detail
- Able to speak, read, write the English language in a proficient manner
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Frequently bend, climb, crouch, kneel, stack, stoop, reach with arms and hands; be in the tank with fish in water 3 to 3 feet deep; use hands in repetitive motion. Pull, push, lift, carry 55-80 pounds, may be assisted.
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. Job requires contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.