Wind Sales Engineer 9/10/2016
Integrated Power Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Integrated Power Services is seeking a Wind Sales Engineer for our Wind Division Central region who will be responsible for effective sales and technical consultation efforts within an assigned territory. The territory will include the central part of the United States from Missouri over to Colorado and as far north as North Dakota. This includes developing new customer accounts, advising customers on service center Generator repair capabilities as well as selling wind replacement parts and IPS Field Service repair services.
* Visit customer wind sites and/or offices and perform informal, preliminary equipment surveys as required. Provide direct liaison support to our Field Service, New Product sales and In-Shop repair departments.
* The ability to partner with our Customer Service Department to create comprehensive quoted/proposals to meet customer's requirements and to follow up and convert opportunities into profitable sales.
* Assess and analyze the territory market needs and customer base to create an effective market plan by working with the Wind Sales Manager and other IPS Service Offerings Leaders. Must be able to gain intimate knowledge of customers, projects and strategies.
* Establish long-term customer relationships utilizing sales techniques, policies and philosophies of the company, and service center capabilities.
* Coordinates with the wind engineering team for development of proposals on complicated customer requests/requirements.
* Consult with appropriate management on problems involving pricing, specifications, warranties, and service adaptations.
* Manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency and sales effectiveness with the available resources.
* Accountable for accurate sales call reporting, quotation follow up and closing transactions in a timely manner.
* Accountable for timely submitting of required reports, including, but not limited to: weekly expense reports, weekly call reports, monthly activity reports, wind site information feedback, target account planning using CRM, as well as a weekly itinerary.
* Demonstrated ability to perform closely within a team environment while at the same time possessing the ability to proceed independently when required with minimal supervision, even when multiple priorities exist.
* Ability to meet deadlines, work on short lead times, and handle high stress.
* Willing and able to meet demanding travel requirements and spend significant time making customer visits within the assigned territory. Will require extensive overnight travel.
* Exhibit personal confidence and professionalism in all business processes.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Five or more years experience in engineering, maintenance, or technical sales;
Willing and able to travel up to 90%.
Valid Driver's License
Candidate must live in territory.
Bachelors Degree of engineering in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Verifiable experience in modern wind turbine technology and industrial products and rotating equipment services.
Technically equipped to be a consultant offering repair solutions for wind turbine nacelle and drive train components.
Experience with large Electric Motors & Generators, gearboxes, yaw and pitch drives and other wind turbine components.
Knowledge of the wind industry market within assigned territory.
Experience with CRM systems
Strong organizational and self-management skills.
High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
IPS is committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.