Windows System Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Exeter Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONServes as an Intermediate Windows Server Administrator for DISA Operations, DECC-Montgomery located at Maxwell Air Force Base Gunter Annex, Montgomery Alabama during Mid-shift, responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple Windows Server based Operating Systems. This individual performs duties that include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems. Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing. Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of windows based software. Investigates and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Responsible for preventive maintenance on Windows operating systems as well as repair to system/environmental problems. May interface with vendors for trouble calls and provides escalation support for service desk personnel and may be called upon to support service desk activities during surges and other contingency situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide technical expertise in Windows Server system administrative subjects, concepts and tool sets supporting DECC Montgomery operations, specific tasks include but are not limited to the following:
* Setting up and maintaining multiple different versions of Windows Server operating systems;
* Troubleshoot and actively work incident management responses related to Windows Server operating systems and related tool sets;
* Provide integration support, when requested, to integrate systems and tool sets into overall processes, procedures and systems;
* Support cybersecurity and IA policy efforts to maintain the cybersecurity posture of Windows systems, related hardware and support tools;
* Exercise independent judgement in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and
* Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in such a matter as to gain understanding and acceptance from others
* Improve the customer s operating environment by providing expert support while also maintaining the cybersecurity/IA posture of systems/hardware managed/administered for both DECC Montgomery and DISA Mission Partners assets
* Special projects as assigned
* Demonstrates intermediate-level knowledge in Windows Server based operating systems to include performing a variety of assignments associated with installation, configuring, managing, monitoring and controlling Windows Server operating and supporting system software; analyzing system faults, troubleshooting incidents, and conducting series of diagnostic tests on both operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems effectively and efficiently
* In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies
* Extremely strong troubleshooting skills
* Self-starter, motivated, organized, and detail oriented
* Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
* Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong analytical skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment
* Experience with enterprise management tools (BMC Remedy, Bladelogic, etc.)
* Familiarity with DISA STIG requirements
* Must have Bachelor s or higher Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 2-3 years of experience or 4+ years experience providing Windows Server system administration support in network and software development environments ensuring mission success in support of DoD unclassified/classified networking environments
* Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) Certification: CompTIA Security+ preferred
* Computing Environment (CE) Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification preferred
Must have a minimum ACTIVE Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
* Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Office environment. Saturday-Tuesday, Midnight shift..